Art Handler (M/F/X)
HIZKIA Belgium currently has several vacancies for art handlers open. Can you remain calm and collected when holding a masterpiece in your hands? Are you generally in a good mood? Can you work well in a team? Would you like to discover a whole new world and learn new skills?
What will you be doing?
In short, no two days are ever the same. As an art handler, you and a colleague are always on your way to visit one of our clients within the art world; a museum, a private lender, or a gallery. For our customers you, together with your colleague, are our ambassador and their most important point of contact. Together with our project leaders and planning, we look for the correct approach for each assignment and your input is indispensable.
As an art handler, you package unique works of art and objects with a high emotional value in an efficient and professional manner in specialized packaging. For example, you often work with the “Turtle” transport box developed in-house, which is now regarded as the standard in museums worldwide. The packaged artworks are then loaded by you and your colleague and taken to their next destination in the Netherlands or abroad. There they are unpacked by you and your colleague and often also installed.
Our art handlers are often in the same museum for several days in a row to set up or dismantle a complete exhibition together with colleagues.
Who are you?
– You are a cheerful, enthusiastic person with a great sense of responsibility.
– You understand that the modern world needs flexibility.
– You are in possession of a driver’s license B and / or C (E).
– You can work well in a team.
– You work meticulously and organized. You can work independently in the various sub-tasks that are assigned to you.
– You like to learn.
– You have strong communication skills and can convey your message in a customer-friendly manner in Dutch, French and/or English.
– You always behave discreetly with regard to the content of your work.
– You can handle physical work and are blessed with two right hands and a healthy dose of common sense.
– You are committed to your task, and do not run away from problems but think in solutions.
– You can provide proof of good behavior and morals.
We are also open to people who are stuck in their current job and want to immerse themselves in a whole new world. Age does not play a role in this. If you have just left school without experience but with the right mindset, you are also more than welcome. We teach you the job step by step on the work floor. There are various options for artists who are looking for an additional fixed salary in addition to their artistic work.
What can we offer?
A job that offers new opportunities every day to grow and learn in an environment that encourages and stimulates this enormously. Growth is not an empty concept here. We do not look at your diploma, but at your talents and skills. An opportunity to work in a company in full expansion with state of the art equipment. You visit all major museums and galleries in Europe on a regular basis and therefore work daily with special collection pieces and reference pieces from contemporary and classical art history.
You will join a diverse and driven team of colleagues, who work closely with the other branches that are part of HIZKIA. We work together respectfully, we like to think in terms of solutions and we adopt a flexible and accessible attitude. Among other things, we offer you the option of working full-time or part-time or only certain periods of the year.
– When staying abroad, you always spend the night in a hotel.
– 20 days of paid vacation (full-time) and also the option to use your overtime in days off.
– In exchange for your commitment and enthusiasm, we offer you a decent salary package, supplemented with meal vouchers, group insurance and bicycle allowance.
– Place of employment: 2830 Willebroek.
Apply today by sending us your CV and a short motivation: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Do you have any questions? Don’t hesitate to contact Gwen (Operations Director) or Bart (Head of Planning) via the email addresses above or by phone: +32 3 203 47 82 (Gwen) or +32 3 203 47 89 (Bart).